Tuuci, the worldwide leader in premium shade products for commercial and residential settings, seeks a next generation Controller to oversee all aspects of its Accounting functions and help lead its ambitious plans for the future. Founded nearly a quarter century ago in Miami, Tuuci reinvented the shade category through artfully designed, precisely engineered, and meticulously produced outdoor umbrellas. Today, the privately held company operates a production facility in Miami and a production facility in Vietnam, while partnering with a network of strategic suppliers around the world.
Scope of position:
Responsible for overseeing General Accounting, Internal Controls and Financial Reporting functions. Position is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that all company assets are adequately safeguarded. Position will ensure that all financial activities are GAAP compliant and adhere to Company policies.
The Controller position is based in Miami and reports to the VP of Finance.
• Oversee the operations of the accounting functions which includes financial and cash management, disbursements, balance sheet management and reconciliations.
• Manage month-end, quarterly and year-end close, deliverables and timeline.
• Lead state and local tax preparation and compliance.
• Create and maintain corporate accounting policies.
• Lead and coordinate work with external auditors including PBC schedules.
• Establish strong relationships with inter-departmental peers and be the “go to” accounting resource in the Company.
• Lead the development and implementation of internal controls protecting Company assets and minimizing risks.
• Monitor and ensure Company policies are being followed and recommend changes where necessary.
Financial Analysis, Planning, and Reporting
• Manage financial statement preparation, including quarterly consolidated, analysis of accounts and comparisons and ensure all reporting is timely and accurate.
• Provide in-depth understanding of results and variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
• Provide leadership in the preparation of annual budget and interim forecasts.
• Be a “Business Partner” to inter-departmental and executive leadership, providing both financial perspective, support and business perspective.
• Sit on chair committees that delve into strategic initiatives, provide quantitation analysis and offer strategic recommendations.
Critical Skills and Competencies:
Enterprise-Wide Mindset – Considers the entire organization in decision-making. Is knowledgeable about the overall business and how it functions. Effectively balances new ideas, competing priorities, and business initiatives to align and help execute Tuuci’s overall strategy.
Drive for Results – Earns credibility through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems, and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Analytical Mindset — Gathers information, develops models, weighs relevant factors and makes informed decisions based on data, trends and past experience.
Demonstrated Leadership – Attracts, inspires, develops, and motivates the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Resolves conflict fairly. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets an example through their behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results. Represents the company internally and externally consistent with its vision, mission and values.
Effective Communication – Communicates clearly and effectively with office and production staffs, fellow Tuuci leaders, board members, external partners and customers. Possesses strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation styles to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration – Builds and sustains collaborative rapport at multiple levels in the company and with colleagues and support teams at Tuuci. Facilitates strong cross-functional relationships across the organization and with external partners. Able to work through complex issues and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping cross-functional teams focused on the success of the projects at hand.
Uncompromising Ethics – Demonstrates the highest level of workplace and personal integrity, serves as a role model for others and intuitively “does the right thing.”
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Past Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 10+ years’ experience in accounting and finance, with 3-5 year in leadership role
• CPA is strongly preferred
• Strong experience in both private and public accounting is preferred
• Strong technical accounting background, including GAAP and financial reporting
• Leadership skills, able to mentor and inspire accounting team
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess good business acumen
• Attention to detail and precision with financial and operational matters
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
• Experience with ERP systems such as Infor CSI, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP
• Outstanding analytical skills and judgment
• Proficient at managing complex projects
• Effective oral & written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or greater
• Manufacturing expertise in premium finished make-to-order products.
• Demonstrated success in a high-growth environment.
• Experience with founder or family-led organizations.
• Tenure with design or creativity-driven enterprises.
• Management through ERP conversion and implementation.
Tuuci is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are to be treated equally with the same rights and privileges with respect to recruiting, hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, separations, compensation, and benefits regardless of their age, race, color, creed, religion, or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy-related status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, where the individual is otherwise qualified, or any other category protected by applicable law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.