For California Residents
- California Shine the Light
Subject to certain limitations, California residents may ask us to provide them with a list of the types of personal data that Tuuci has disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the past 12 months, and the identities of such third parties. To make such a request, California residents can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please us the subject line “Re: CA Shine the Light”, and include your name and the address to which you would like us to respond.
- California Privacy Rights
- CPRA Privacy Rights
In addition to rights of access, correction, and deletion, as described above, California residents may have certain rights under the CPRA, many of which are subject to limitations or exceptions.
- Right to access/know and disclosure and portability
You may have the right to request, twice during a twelve (12) month period, the following information that we may have collected about you:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal data we may have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal data;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal data;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal data;
- the categories of personal data that we sold or disclosed for a business or commercial purpose,
- the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed personal data for a business or commercial purpose; and
- the specific pieces of personal data we obtained from you in a format that is easily understandable.
- Right to nondiscrimination
We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
- Right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal data
You have the right to opt out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal data with third parties who are not our service providers. California law broadly defines “sale” such that it may include allowing third parties to receive certain information, such as IP address and/or browsing behavior to deliver interest-based (also called targeted) advertising, or the sharing of a print mailing address with unaffiliated third-party companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.
We do not knowingly “sell” or “share” (as defined under the CPRA) the personal data of minors under 16 years old.
- Right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal data
You may have the right to request that we limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal data (e.g., account numbers, racial or ethnic information) to uses necessary to provide the Service to you and for purposes permitted by applicable law (e.g., to ensure security and integrity). Tuuci does not use sensitive personal data outside of these limited purposes.
- How to Exercise your California Privacy Rights
California residents may exercise the Right to Access/Know, Right to Correct or Right to Delete, and the right to opt out of the “sale” of personal data by submitting a request to us in a manner provided in the Contact Us section below.
California residents may also request that we limit the use or disclosure of their sensitive personal data by contacting us in a manner provided in the Contact Us section below.
For your protection, we will take steps to verify your identity before proceeding with your request as appropriate.
- Authorized Agents
You may designate an agent to exercise your rights under CPRA as described above. If you use an authorized agent, we will take steps both to verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise his or her privacy rights as listed above, and to verify that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf through a signed written authorization or a power of attorney.
Once we have verified your identity (and your authorized agent, as applicable), we will respond to your privacy request as appropriate. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your privacy request. If we are unable to complete your privacy request in whole or in part, we will let you know why.
- Retention of Data